Thursday, July 12, 2007
I bought this Manuka honey from NZ. Have been taking this since the last time I work with mediacorp artist Ms Jacelyn Tay. She's the one who told me about Manuka honey.
Honeys other than manuka owe their antibacterial properties to hydrogen peroxide produced by enzyme action in the honey. Hydrogen peroxide is broken down by an enzyme that is in the body's tissues. The unidentified manuka factor ('UMF®') is not broken down, so on a wound (as opposed to laboratory testing) manuka honey would be a lot more strongly antibacterial than other honey.The 'UMF®' in manuka honey penetrates skin tissues very easily, so it can reach bacteria in deep-seated infections, but the hydrogen peroxide in other honey does not. A wound will not heal if infected. Bacteria produce toxins, and cause inflammation which itself stops healing, causes pain, and causes fibrotic scarring. A honey with sufficient antibacterial potency stops all of these problems.
You can get it at some of the pharmarcy here.. Just saw them at Marina Square level 2. But price a bit more higher than NZ. :) You can read more information from www.comvita.com
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (67)
- ► 2012 (151)
- ► 2011 (195)
- ► 2010 (291)
- ► 2009 (147)
- ► 2008 (129)
- Revlon limited collection Dark Seduction!
- Bobbi Brown new colours!
- Clarins - Golden Lights launching in Aug2007!
- CHANEL latast colours!!
- The Shiseido Makeup Autumn2007 colours!
- Ettusais new colours!!
- Anna Sui Autumn2007 colours!
- VISEE from Kose - 2007 Autum colours!
- Dior Autumn/Fall 2007 - LOOK DIORISSIME!
- Placen Extract & Hyalrone Elastin Collagen Extract...
- Transformers Optimus Prime & Chihuahua!
- M.A.C. FLASHTRONIC!
- Hotdog anyone??
- Dog on tree
- Photo shoot with Fiona Xie for "STYLE" magazine!
- The Sun is so HOT! HOT! HOT!
- Botox! IPL! Fillers! Non-Ablative facial !
- Youngblood mineral cosmetics
- Beautiful packaging!!
- Sooooo cute! Makeover Blythe dolls
- Manuka Honey
- In Queenstown Newzealand
- After benefit event - to my mom's cafe!!
- ▼ July (23)